Your Asus laptop might not be communicating the HDMI signal properly with the television. So, check the Windows audio control which is found in the lower right taskbar. Here, the TV should be kept as the audio choice, if not the audio would not be heard. So do this in order to solve this issue:
1. Open the Run dialogue by pressing Windows + R keys together.
2. Then type in services.msc.
3. Then select the Windows audio service.
4. Then restart the audio service.
5. Then select the audio device as your TV.
When this did not work out then restart the laptop. Do the restart while the TV is on. Keep the TV connected to the laptop with the HDMI. Now, the audio would play automatically.